It's YOU! Hello! Nice to see you! Here you will find stuff about living a creative life in country Australia. I create with watercolour, pen, collage, mixed media and photos. I teach, hosts workshops, collect, dream. I love cheese, travel, my garden, faffing, colour and whimsy. I am crap at time management, and do way too many things, but it is all good. Oh yes, all pictures and photos on here by me too, just saying.

Sunday 23 March 2014

THE RED SHOES....A LITTLE STORY.. and the story behind the story.

















THE RED SHOES
 The story behind a Little Story  

This set of pictures, mixed media collages and photos, were made for an Instagram challenge, in January 2014...Interiors Addict (LINK!) 
#7 vignettes, which I know I have written about before.The guest judges were the twins Alisa and Lysandra, contestants from the latest series of THE BLOCK, which I must admit, I do not actually watch!

I had 7 words to play with, to come up with a series of pictures...and I decided on a story.I would use all 7 words, one in each storyboard for each day.I had not done the challenge this way before, but decided to give it a go anyway. The words for the week were...in order:

1.ONE
2.ANNIVERSARY
3.NEW
4.FAVOURITE GIFT EVER
5.PAIR
6.HANGOVER
7.FRESH

So..after writing the initial story I had to imagine how I would present each word.I did some vague sketches and notes...then I began foraging for bits and pieces, cutting up old socks and felt shoes, finding buttons,pasting, sticky taping, collecting paper, string, paints and props...setting up shots, editing and cropping.

I admit..this was during a normal hectic week,so some days were a little more rushed than others, and I see faults and things I should've tweaked...but it was a lot of fun.

(I also admit to doing TWO actual sets of photos for the January challenge...maybe next blog I will show the other set?)

At the end of the week I do confess my house was a total mess, the table I work on was covered with STUFF (lucky we have 2 tables, and I have one very understanding family)and I was ready for a bit of a lie down.

And so, there we go.I did not win. But that's life.I was still happy to have done it.

And to finish? Well,the end post, looked like this...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Want comment? Go ahead!