Hello! Lovely to see you! Here you will find random posts about living a creative life in country Australia. I am an illustrator. I create, take photos, faff, collect, teach. Watercolour, collage, colour, cheese, travel and dreaming are my faves. And Turkish delight. And cushions. And gardening. And op-shops...

Tuesday, 15 October 2013

BEAUTIFUL BUDDHIST BLING










































BEDAZZLED BY BEAUTIFUL BUDDHIST BLING
Sorry, sorry, sorry,realising that prhaps the whole saffron and gold thing may be a trifle cliche, I am still going to share these snaps of some of the golden beauty seen in and around Budddhist wats, chedis, shrines, altars and offerings
Although not my first trip to a predominantly Buddhist society, and knowing these are the types of things I would see, nevertheless, the sheer loveliness and awesome  holy magical power of gold is still mighty 
gorgeous in its purity and perfection.

On me gold looks garish and gaudy,and I have been known to be snide about its vulgarity. But somehow...in this settting, it is the only thing that would be right. 
Beautiful Buddhist bling. Bedazzled again.