It's YOU! Hello! Nice to see you! Here you will find stuff about living a creative life in country Australia. I create with watercolour, pen, collage, mixed media and photos. I teach, hosts workshops, collect, dream. I love cheese, travel, my garden, faffing, colour and whimsy. I am crap at time management, and do way too many things, but it is all good. Oh yes, all pictures and photos on here by me too, just saying.

Thursday 10 July 2014

MUSHROOM LOVE



 MUSHROOM LOVE
Having been a vegetarian for about 40 years, since I was 3 (you do the math, yes I am that old), it is widely believed by those who know no better, that I must therefore eat lots of mushrooms-these being the plant world equal to meat. That I must love them. And indeed I do. But not to eat. I am highly sensitive...allergic..to them. I dare not let them pass my lips. 

So it is kind of ironic, that lately I have been drawing and painting and falling in love with these fungi. I swoon at the sight of them.

I race to pick them and fold them carefully in tissues, so that I may take them home and photograph them.

I have been buying cute toadstool and mushroom  ornaments, and telling myself they are for my children.

I have no desire at all to eat them... there is nothing like that going on. I have just taken an aesthetic fancy to them.

 SO here you are, some recent snaps, paintings and drawings of my latest love.Mushrooms. A warning though. 


I am not monogamous with my love..there are others I am also infatuated with, but ...shshshshshhh..
do not tell! x



fresh picked

 old book paper sketched painted with watercolour, gouache & acrylic

 old book paper sketched painted with watercolour, gouache & acrylic

 lead pencil sketch

 gouche, watercolour, pencil study
 ink pen quick sketch

 picked in Canberra, photographed in a motel room

 at the local hairdresser, killing time by sketching

at the local skate park, waiting for my daughter to get sick of scootering, a quick ink sketch

another fresh picked victim...or victims

 these two pics show mushrooms growing in situ, before being swooped on by me, and uprooted



 happy to have found a Xmas decoration that ticked my box...toadstools!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want comment? Go ahead!