It's YOU! Hello! Nice to see you! Here you will find stuff about living a creative life in country Australia. I create with watercolour, pen, collage, mixed media and photos. I teach, hosts workshops, collect, dream. I love cheese, travel, my garden, faffing, colour and whimsy. I am crap at time management, and do way too many things, but it is all good. Oh yes, all pictures and photos on here by me too, just saying.

Sunday 9 March 2014

I AM WOMAN

                                                                                 
WOMAN, WOMEN collage/mixed media 2014

I AM WOMAN

This here little thing,this picture, is a mixed media collage I recently completed.It was inspired by International Women's Day,and #7 vignettes too.I had fun fossicking about into old books, (salvaged,thrifted) old stamps, (collected and hoarded)cutting, painting, gluing, placing.

Just for something a bit different. Just as an excuse to get off the computer. 
Just because.

The irony is..to create this..I had to ignore the dishes, the washing, the layer of filth under the dining table.I thought, to be exact..

"STUFF ALL THAT CR*P!"
Yes, I was self indulgent.A bit.

But then... I had to think about how bloody lucky I am that I have the time, opportunity and ability to create something just because.How lucky am I to be so self-indulgent. 

I did not have to think about how I was going get food, water or fire for my family. I did not have to worry about where the next penny came from, or if my children and I would go hungry tonight, because I had not done a solid days work in a field, factory or otherwise.

I had a cuppa at my side, the stereo on, in my nice house.
Being a woman, an adult.But in a very very lucky situation.
And I thanked my lucky stars, and hope my daughter's will have the same privilege. 

And then...I did the dishes, washed the clothes, started thinking about dinner, got the house organised, vacuumed... tidied up all the little bits of paper and mess I had made.

And did not mind doing it, not one little bit.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Want comment? Go ahead!